“I can do it myself. I’m not going to pay a solicitor to do my Will. Why should I?”
1. A properly drafted Will prepared by a solicitor, is your best insurance that your estate will be distributed in accordance with your wishes and that your loved ones will be properly provided for.
2. A solicitor can discuss with you when preparing your Will, ideas regarding the distribution of your estate which may:
– Maximise the benefit to your beneficiaries, inlcuding with respect to payment of tax.
– Minimise the likelihood of an expensive family provisions claim being made against your estate.
3. A few hundred dollars now might prevent the estate having to expend $20,000 or so on an expensive construction or rectification application made to the Supreme Court, to correct a defect in a badly prepared Will.